Hello Art Lovers!
ArtSpot is a place to share photos of all the art you love and where to find it. With your help we can build the largest, searchable, location based, database of art in the world….a global art gallery! Learn more about ArtSpot’s cool features below and why we need your help!
What will the funding be used for?
ArtSpot is a community of people passionate about art and every dollar of funding from kickstarter will be used in the following:
* Create more innovative features such as an interactive geo-location scavenger hunt and other unique top-secret ones! (estimated costs – $7,000)
*Reach out to new potential users, galleries, museums, and artists through hiring a creative advertising and marketing expert (estimated costs- $1000 – $5000)
*Create an interactive map and user profiles on www.ArtSpot.it that perfectly syncs with the ArtSpot app so that users can check out art online too.(estimated costs – $2500)
*Launch ArtSpot to the Android market in early 2012…whooo hoo! (estimated costs -$5,000)
ArtSpot will help spread art awareness all around the world by building a mobile art community. Imagine sitting at a cafe and being able to look at a map on your phone and see all the art nearby. Your favorite artists work might be literally on the same block, but without ArtSpot you wouldn’t know unless you stumbled upon it. By creating a large database of art with a link to it’s location, travelers can discover art anywhere they go through ArtSpot’s map and show others users where to find it too! ArtSpot helps educate people about art and encourages users to visit museums, galleries, view street art, go to art festivals, or stop by an artist studio. The possibilities are endless!
For ArtSpot to have the best possible user experience, we need to raise enough funds to ensure this. Kickstarter is an all-or-nothing campaign so if we don’t meet our goal then we don’t get a single penny, and you get to keep your donation as well. Every dollar counts and is greatly appreciated so please help spread the word!!
* Link – Connect ArtSpot to Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, and Foursquare.
* Spot – Take a photo of art you heart and share it with the ArtSpot community.
* Discover – Find popular art nearby or around the world.
* Map – Browse an interactive map of art images.
* Collection – Create your own personal collection of artworks.
* Artspots – Browse art hotspots like galleries and museums in your area.